I’m a FR/LV >EN translation student. I translate from French or from Latvian into my native English. When not studying or translating, I like to explore North Wales with the help of my baby daughter.
Areas of Specialisation:
– Biology, zoology, botany and environmental studies (studied at undergraduate level, LJMU and Open University)
– As well as International studies, world cultures, NGOs
Contact by email: email@example.com
Proz.com member’s profile: http://www.proz.com/profile/1845859
Translator’s Cafe profile: jennyum42.TranslatorsCafe.com
– Formal training documents for Solidarités International http://www.solidarites.org/en/qui-sommes-nous
– Product translations for Amazon
– Translations of articles for a website about cat health, Catpapattes. http://catpapattes.com/plan-du-site/
-Translation projects for Translation Unlimited, in areas such as marketing
– I am a member of Tlaxcala, an international group which I translate articles for.
My profile page: http://www.tlaxcala-int.org/biographie.asp?ref_aut=3423&lg_pp=en
– See my WordPress blog for monthly updates on articles I’ve translated: https://jennybrighttranslation.wordpress.com/
– Translation projects for Travod International: http://www.travod.com/about_us.html
In such areas as telecommunications, marketing
-Personal projects for different purposes, including one medical report
-I have experience of creating English subtitles for French, Latvian and English videos using Amara, which I use to work on FluentU French videos.
My profile, with links to videos I’ve subtitled in French and Latvian: http://www.amara.org/en/profiles/profile/jennyum42/
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent command of the English language
- Able to transcribe simple audio files in French and Latvian
- I can translate 5000 words per day, depending on the level of difficulty.
- Fast at proofreading and reviewing in my native language
- Skilled with in-depth internet research and use of resources such as translation forums
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and different file types
- Flexible with work hours, therefore able to work to tight deadlines
- Use of TM tools: Trados 2014, Memsource, Google Translator’s Toolkit